Bay Local News
Spectrum News | Bay News 9 Spectrum News Bay News 9 is your source for local and breaking news in the greater Tampa Bay area.
- Billionaire conservative donor David Koch dies at 79by Associated Press on August 23, 2019 at 3:58 pm
Billionaire David Koch, a major donor to conservative causes and educational groups, dies at 79
- US stocks fall sharply as US-China trade war escalatesby Associated Press on August 23, 2019 at 3:36 pm
Stocks fell sharply on Wall Street Friday after President Donald Trump called on U.S. companies to consider alternatives to doing business in China. The Dow sank more about 600 points.
- Weather Forecast: Scattered Evening Showers, Storms Expectedby Mike Clay on August 23, 2019 at 1:58 pm
High temperatures will be in the low 90s.
- Day 5: Closing Arguments Begin in Drejka Manslaughter Trialby Saundra Weathers on August 23, 2019 at 10:10 am
Closing arguments are expected on Friday.
- D23 Expo: Disney Reveals Name of Star Wars Hotelby Ashley Carter on August 23, 2019 at 10:02 am
The hotel is being built near Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge.
Bay Local Sports
- No. 8 Florida, Miami embrace spotlight as they start seasonby Associated Press on August 23, 2019 at 3:10 pm
Florida and Miami have the college football stage to themselves for 3 ½ hours Saturday, a new chapter in their once-heated and storied rivalry.
- USF and UT soccer combine for good causeby Katherine Smith on August 22, 2019 at 7:29 pm
USF and UT soccer combine for good caus
- Florida's Davis ready to hit the ground runningby Katherine Smith on August 22, 2019 at 7:19 pm
Florida Gators RB Malik Davis is putting his injury-plagued seasons behind him.
- Rays 2B Brandon Lowe likely done for the yearby Associated Press on August 22, 2019 at 6:03 pm
Manager Kevin Cash said Lowe got hurt on Wednesday while playing for Triple-A Durham.
- Florida's Mullen, Miami's Diaz forged friendship decade agoby Associated Press on August 22, 2019 at 4:33 pm
Dan Mullen and Manny Diaz first crossed paths a decade ago in Murfreesboro, Tennessee.
Bay Local Weather
- Low pressure area in Atlantic could become a tropical depression this weekendon August 23, 2019 at 6:57 pm
The National Hurricane Center is watching an area of disturbed weather about 1,300 miles east-southeast of the Windward Islands in the Atlantic Ocean. &nbs
- Tropical disturbance expected to develop off Florida's east coaston August 23, 2019 at 6:55 pm
A weak area of low pressure off of southeast Florida will bring portions of the state periods of heavy rain over the weekend. &nbs
- The sky is the limit for painter who focuses on weather phenomenaon August 23, 2019 at 2:19 pm
An artist has managed to combine both realism and the abstract on a single canvas, and weather figures heavily into his work. &nbs
- Lightning strike kills five, injures more than 100 on mountain in southern Polandon August 23, 2019 at 10:52 am
A thunderstorm turned deadly in southern Poland on Thursday after lightning struck a popular hiking destination in the country's Tatra Mountains. &nbs
- 10Weather: Friday starts with sun, a few afternoon stormson August 23, 2019 at 9:14 am
Once again, we'll kick off Friday with plenty of sunshine before some isolated showers develop later in the day. &nbs