Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Good News about COVID-19
Good News Business Stories
Bay Local News
Spectrum News | Bay News 9 Spectrum News Bay News 9 is your source for local and breaking news in the greater Tampa Bay area.
- Exclusive: Clearwater Publix Employee Tests Positive For Coronavirusby Josh Rojas on April 1, 2020 at 9:13 pm
The affected Publix location on Belcher Road and Gulf-to-Bay Boulevard was since appropriately cleaned and disinfected per CDC guidelines.
- New Safer-at-Home Order Could Impact Case Involving Pastor, Church Gatheringsby Laurie Davison on April 1, 2020 at 8:43 pm
Gov. Ron DeSantis' new statewide order comes just days after Pastor Rodeny Howard-Browne was arrested for violating the county's safer-at-home rule.
- Amber Alert: Toddler Found, Suspect in Standoff Taken into Custodyby Spectrum News Staff on April 1, 2020 at 8:10 pm
The child at the center of the Amber Alert is safe.
- Weather Forecast: Humidity Remains Low, Temperatures Mild Thursdayby Brian McClure on April 1, 2020 at 6:48 pm
Thursday will be another gorgeous day to relax on the back patio or take a walk.
- Florida’s OneBlood Tapped for Convalescent Plasma Collections to Battle COVID-19by Cait McVey on April 1, 2020 at 6:30 pm
A Florida blood bank is now on the front lines, with emergency approval from the FDA to move forward with collecting plasma that could help.
Bay Local Sports
- Virus forces Wimbledon cancellation for 1st time since WWIIby Associated Press on April 1, 2020 at 9:44 pm
The last time Wimbledon was called off was 1945
- Buccaneers Set to Unveil New Uniforms April 7by Spectrum News Staff on April 1, 2020 at 10:08 am
The Bucs have hinted at new uniforms and in recent months, admitted a change was coming. Now we know when.
- An Outdoor Activity Still Open Amid Coronavirus? Golf Coursesby Jason Lanning on April 1, 2020 at 5:37 am
With beaches, parks and pools closed there aren't very many outdoor activities to do with Safer at Home orders in place.
- Jaguars' Ngakoue Makes Another Trade Plea on 25th Birthdayby Associated Press on March 31, 2020 at 5:37 pm
Disgruntled Jacksonville Jaguars defensive end Yannick Ngakoue made another public plea to be traded, this one on his 25th birthday.
- NFL Team Owners Vote to Expand Playoffs to 14 Teamsby Associated Press on March 31, 2020 at 5:23 pm
The NFL is gearing up for a normal season and playoffs — with two additional wild-card teams in the Super Bowl chase.
Bay Local Weather
- 10Weather: An unfamiliar chill returns this eveningon April 1, 2020 at 8:01 pm
A cold front that moved through Tuesday night has ushered in cooler air that will hang around Tampa Bay for the next couple days.
- Weather Blog: March Review, April Previewby Josh Linker on April 1, 2020 at 12:00 pm
Besides the rain on the evening of March 31, most Bay area spots didn’t have a drop during the rest of the month.
- Growing concern for drought conditions as Tampa Bay area nears driest month in historyon March 31, 2020 at 4:16 pm
Meteorologist Grant Gilmore talks about his growing concern for drought and wildfire conditions across the state of Florida.
- 5 Easy, At-Home Science Experiments for Social-Distance Learningby Mallory Nicholls on March 31, 2020 at 11:37 am
Here are five fun activities you can do with your families as you continue to stay socially distant, along with a little education about the weather.
- Mid-week cold front shakes up our dry and warm patternon March 30, 2020 at 11:25 pm
Ready for a weather change? Our next cold front is slated to help bring some relief!